Sunday 1 May 2011

Kreativ Blog Award

I have been nominated for a Kreativ Blog award by Lesley Ann at Knitting Not Necessary. This is not quite as glamorous as it sounds, but is still a thrill.  I simply have to link back to Lesley Ann's blog and write 10 interesting facts about myself.  This has proved to be something of a challenge, but here goes!
  • When I was 11 I represented my school at swimming and came fourth in the whole of Leeds for the backstroke and sixth in front crawl.
  • I was only ever allowed a goldfish as a pet when I was a child.  I am making up for it now, and have three dogs, eight chickens, a parrot, four goldfish and a husband!

  • I have never broken any bones, or had mumps or chickenpox - I dread Little Pink catching those in case she passes them on to me.
  • I can speak fluent German and passable French.  When I was living in Austria I tried to learn Russian which was tricky as all the lessons were in German so I was translating things three times over!
  • I share my birthday with Terry Savalas (Kojak), and it is also the day on which the President of the United States is inaugurated.
  • I think I got my crafty gene from my Mum (and also my paternal Grandma).  Mum used to tat and passed the skill on to me.  I am thinking of trying to incorporate it into Tickled Pink Crafts somehow.
  • I now live in my forever house in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours for half a mile on either side (even though I am a city girl born and bred). Those of you who saw my Gallery post this week will have already seen the view - but if you haven't here it is: The Gallery - Green
  • My favourite group of all time is The Smiths.  I love the poetry in their songs (Morrissey is a lyrical genius) and the way they spoke to me during all my years of teenage angst.
  • I have met some of my best and dearest friends over the internet.  This doesn't make me a saddo, because they are real people and I have actually met most of them (I've even been on holiday with some of them too - and had an amazing time in spite of the dodgy "4 star" accommodation). 
  • I have double-jointed thumbs!
And so that's me in 10 amazing (or incredibly dull) facts!  I'm now going to pass this on to Planet PennyShellybobbins and Dottie Designs

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Mrs Pink! I am very flattered, thank you! I hope you had a lovely time with your borrowed little ones this weekend and are now recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete